Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Summer To-Do List

So I do this every year.  Blog about the numerous things I hope to accomplish this summer.  This summer is going to be a real treat as I really want to get in everything I've never done in Buffalo while I can.  Chances of me sticking around in Buffalo by next summer are running very slim.  (A blog for another time) 

1.)  Allentown Arts Festival--ok so I've been here once or twice but this year I can walk to it, so even more fun! 

2.)  Bacchus Wednesday night movie night--again say I'm going to go and never get there, this year's line up is a must! 

3.) Artpark on Tuesdays!! Blue Rodeo and Celtic Night, woo hoo!

4.) Starry Night in the Garden--Vanessa Carlton, $40 and some VINO!  With complimentary wine glasses...you can't beat that

5.) Juneteenth Festival--  

6.) Tift Nature Preserve-- Tragic that I have never been..it'll be a great Saturday afternoon chill period

7.) Wear a seersucker suit (or at least some pants)-- But let's go for the suit!  I've always wanted to wear one.  When everyone lived in the south it was the greatest thing.  And well Artvoice recommends it.

8.) The Elmwood-Bidwell Market (every weekend)--In an effort to eat healthier, why not also buy locally.  I hope to take a short walk down my street every Saturday to take advantage of the farmers market

9.)  Doing up Niagara Falls like a tourist--Maid of the Mist, Cave of the Winds, Jet Boat , the huge ferris wheel on the Canadian side and finish it off with some ice cream at Twist of the Mist

10.) Letchworth State Park--Never have I been and I'm hearing its gorgeous.  Camping trip there for sure.  

11.)  Go on a picnic

12.)  Actually get through 18 holes of golf

13.)  Play tennis at least once a week 

14.) Go mountain biking

15.)  GO to the Griffis Sculpture Park down in Springville

16.)  Seneca Pow Wow---Who can say they've gone to a pow-wow on top of the fact it's our regions history

17.) Doing Tai Chi in Johnson Park

18.)  Check out the Moondance---tried putting a party together but it's hard to 60 people to do anything.  

19.)  Pick my own berries--We drove all around Eden, NY last summer with my mom and aunt and could not find one place that did this, because they were all out!?!? I'm getting a head start this year. 

20.)  Ride the new rollercoaster at Darien Lake

21.) Buy a bus pass

22.) Walk everywhere

23.)  Take a boat around Hoyt Lake...word is they'll be back in late June


Oh and did I mention I want to lose 10 lbs?   Notice that's why I barely mentioned every single crazy festival this year.   :)  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for reminding me about the jetboat