Thursday, June 12, 2008

My ROSIE!


How could you not love that face!!!!!!!


I love my dog.  Rosie.  She is a shi-poo and the absolute cutest thing ever.  I'm over my parent's house today doing some laundry (thanks mom and dad)  and in reality I'm using it as another excuse to come see Roise.  Since moving out it's been tough not having her around to greet me when I get home from work or snuggle up in my bed in the morning.  That was the best!  My mom headed to work after Rosie slept in her bed all night and then for the hour I had before I got up Rosie always came down to my room to cuddle.  I miss that :(  Even when I come to visit she doesn't leave my side.  

Many of you may have heard she was attacked by a pit bull a few months ago.  It was such a traumatic thing for my family.  My mom of course held it all together but I still to this day don't know how she could when she witnessed the entire attack.  Nothing, mind you, has been done about the dog who attacked her.  Believe me we called police and the SPCA, and NOTHING!  My parents have since gotten a lawyer to file for the vet bills from the owner.  We're waiting.  

But after about $2K in vet bills Rosie is still kicking.  Slightly nervous around bigger dogs but tough as nails.  How a 2 year old small toy dog can be ok after that and major laser eye surgery in a matter of 4 months is beyond me, but she is.  

Within the next few months we've decided to start her up in some companion training classes.   She's been a great companion to a good family friend of ours with dementia and my mom noticed how calm she is around people, especially senior citizens.  The goal is to have her come to work with me everyday to visit with the residents.  We have a lot of dogs that like to come in and visit with residents, and the residents absolutely love it.   I'm really hoping that Rosie will be able to put a smile on so many peoples faces.  She does for me!

1 comment:

seanazq said...

Need more pic of Rosie dressed up!