Thursday, March 19, 2009

How to lose friends REALLY quickly....

Become a Republican...or not agree with Obama's policies.  

How do I know this?  Well, it happened.

Yes, in fact I've lost many friends since the election.  Some have lingered off and become... a-hem "busy".  And well maybe being unemployed I just have way too much time on my hands to realize it.  

It's not a secret that I enjoy a good debate.  And well I like to voice my opinion.  

But before you judge.  Know this:  

-I do my research.  
-I don't believe Obama is in fact going to make everything all nice, pretty and hunky-dory
-I do in fact not enjoy that people booed George Bush at the inauguration.  I'll premise this with I voted for John Kerry in 2004, Bush is not my savior.  However,  I don't care if you hate his father and think he put us in this economic situation (The recession was already beginning at the time Bush came into office which means...oh yeah...Clinton f*cked up! You want to debate this, I have proof and numbers.  But honestly, don't waste your time, you'll lose.) The fact of the matter is 9/11 happened, something needed to be done to keep this country safe, because guess what...somehow it wasn't and it still isn't.  Millions of people fought for this freedom, lets keep it that way, huh? 

Now this is an abbreviated version of what I want my president to be: 
 -Most presidents didn't use teleprompters.
-My president does NOT ban gay marriage.    
-My president keeps our country safe.  
-My president supports people who have picked themselves up off their bootstraps and made something of themselves, without government assistance OR have come out of government assistance to live on their own in a healthy and fruitful way.  
-My president makes a surprise trip to visit the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and not an appearance on Jay Leno
-My presidents STOPS blaming either party or past president and does his job.  
-And finally, this is NOT the worst recession since the Great Depression.  I have numbers and facts for that too.  So MY president wouldn't not throw that term around so loosely.  



And that my lovlies is how you lose friends. 


P.S.  Keep on the lookout for The Big Mans BI-PARTISAN political blog...full with facts, facts, facts.  I least I got him on my side, right?  







 

  


5 comments:

TheatreChick73 said...

You have a lot of people on your side. There are quite a few people who know the same facts and figures and have the same beliefs as you. I'm just sorry there aren't more of them around you.

Lori said...

I remember watching tv in September 2001 - I'd say about the 4th or 5th, and they were saying "we are on the brink of a recession" and then 9/11 happened and threw us into a tailspin. But that was after Bush was in office for 9 months, so I'm wondering when things went downhill. (I'm not writing this to be a brat, I'd seriously like to see the figures!) I also don't think that Obama is going to fix everything and make it hunky dory. I think he has a huge uphill battle ahead of him and who knows if everything can be "fixed" but I would truly love to not have to worry daily about losing my job or someone I love losing their job. We had been riding high on a huge upswing in the market and the bubble was bound to burst at some point. During that time, a LOT of people got rich. A LOT. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them....

Anonymous said...

OMG love this post.

DrPolitics said...

http://recession.org/history/early-2000s-recession

MARCH 2001 - NOVEMBER 2001 (8 Months)
The Early 2000s recession took place in the U.S. for a number of different reasons. One was the collapse of the dot.com bubble. A false high, created in the initial, money-making wave of the internet that swept the world, finally came crashing down to a realistic level.

Also, the September 11th attacks made against the Pentagon and the World Trade Center Towers caused a huge stir among Americans. Although Americans rallied and stayed positive through the whole thing, the economy took a hit as people stopped spending money.

A series of outrageous accounting scandals caused what was considered a huge uproar as well, and also caused a mild contraction on the North American economy. But, thankfully, the recession didn’t last long. And although it is probably still fresh on the minds of some Americans, most have probably moved on. The economy recovered, and things looked up.

The Early 2000s recession was felt in mostly Western countries and had been predicted by economists for years, since the boom of the 1990s, which was accompanied by both low inflation and low unemployment. The collapse of the dot-com bubble, the September 11th attacks, and accounting scandals contributed to a relatively mild contraction in the North American economy.

Damsel in a Dress said...

And there's your answer. Either way I'm so over the Bush-bashing.