Sunday, July 20, 2008

People forget how lucky we are.....

This weekend felt like any other weekend as it started.  I of course had class on Friday night and Saturday till 1pm (Sidenote: Minor vent, I CANNOT wait to be through with my master's program and my weekends actually begin to take more shape, while I love the content we're learning...I want my Friday nights back!)  

So Saturday afternoon we took a short ride up to Toronto, or TO as the kids are calling it these days.  My good friend, TheatreChick had planned a night with friends to see Evil Dead: The Musical.  Aboslutely the best show I have seen in a LONG TIME.  There was nothing like it.  First of all, it was interactive.  And when I say interactive, I mean that the first two rows in the theatre "splatter zone" are soaked with lovely "theatre" blood.  Pics are up on Facebook.  TOO MUCH FUN!  The cast was great.  Hilarious and on point.  Can't say enough about them.  

So onto my "TO" experience....

I was a kid in a candy store as we drove closer to the city.  I know according to WNY, I live in "the city" but we're talking a real big CITY here folks.  And it was just the right fill I needed to feel a little metropolitan for a moment.  

So on the ride back I really got to thinking.  This whole bi-national thing we got going here in WNY is pretty cool.  I mean at most 2 hours is all you need for the drive to Toronto and thankfully with our US$1 being worth NOTHING things aren't all that much more expensive anymore.  

Check this out.  As we walked out of the parking ramp across the street from Diesel Playhouse (which only cost a dirty cheap $5, on a Saturday, IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY!) I could see the CN tower.  The tourist in me popped out my camera and started taking pictures pretty much at every angle and every 100 or so yards.  We were unfortunate not to go up on the observation deck as the wait was, oh I don't know, a measly 2 HOUR wait!  Again a Saturday in the summer, it happens.  

Buffalo is no NYC and we're no Toronto...but we're close enough to the TO to really enjoy it.  I hopefully planning a girls weekend up in the TO soon.  They also have amazing wine country and an H&M!  Priorities people.  Priorities.  





No comments: