Monday, March 3, 2008

CCCCCCHina

Ah yes, my trip to China. It'll be here in oh say.....2 months...which is far to quick.

So I've never flown this far west before. In fact I've never flown over a BIG body of water, besides the Gulf of Mexico, and that was nothing.

I'm freaked. Absolutely freaked out about going to this country.

I'm trying to tell myself...it's a once in a lifetime experience that I may never have again. But guess what? It's not making it the least bit better.


.....so I started writing the first half of this blog a few days ago. Then I saw this video:



It was on the Today show and one of the anchors mentioned that the chance of being in a plane crash is 1 in 11,000,000. So what I'm thinking is that as long as the flights I'm taking to China, in China and from China are below that 11,000,000 since this German plane had issues, I should be fine right?

Of course I told this to Kyle and he had this intellectual (and far too long) scientific response. Ultimately the statistics are actually far more then 1 in 11,000,000. SO woo hoo! No plane crashes!

In all seriousness, I was letting the nerves of flying get to me about this trip. I have since been trying to watch and read as much on China as possible. Ok it's not the Caribbean but it's a culture that has so much history, it's hard not to want to take that all in. I'm a history buff, however I think I slept through most of China's history in class, but I digress I still want to learn more. Mind you this trip is strictly for the purpose of really branching out and realizing we're in a global community and China is growing, VERY fast. I'm blessed to be able to have this opportunity and I'm finally feeling right about taking full advantage of it.



PLUS! I hear you can get North Face jackets for dirt cheap and the shopping is incredible!!! Come on, priorities people.

No comments: