Thursday, November 6, 2008

NOW you are an American?

So the election's over. I'll spare you my political banter and opinion.

Except on one very important issue.

I've see the Facebook and MySpace status and read the numerous opinion pieces and I've seen a lot of:

"Now I feel American" or "Now I am American"

How sad? How extremely sad...

Last time I checked we live in a country that treasures freedom... freedom of speech, freedom of press, etc.

Whether or not you liked who ran our country or not... you live in America. People give their lives to live in America. There would not be a constant barrage of illegal immigrants (and legal ones) who do not come to this country for opportunity. You are more then allowed to express any kind of opinion you want...and I mean ANY. And you NOW feel American? You live in the best country in the free world, the absolute best and to finally feel American is a cop-out, one major cop-0ut.

Political belief or not its a privilege to live in this country and an even bigger privilege to have the right to whatever opinion you believe in. To feel American NOW, disgusts me and I don't stand united with people like that.

And that's my opinion because as an American...I'm allowed to have one. Thankfully.

No comments: