Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nails tapping desk...looks at watch...

Yea, that's how I feel lately. When will it get here? When can I finally move. I'm looking forward to the move actually. However, contrary to what others may think this is not a solution to any of my problems, but hell...it sure beats the same ol' thang. I'm excited to see where this journey in my life takes me. I have no idea where but I know it'll be different and well worth it.

Now South Carolina is not my first choice in places to move. Let's be totally honest. My dream was Boston and the farthest south I was willing to go was DC. But I really have developed this special bond with Greenville. It's very picturesque and quaint. I like quaint.

I'm planning on driving out of Buffalo (for what hopes to be the last time...sorry) Dec. 26 or 27 and head down to PA to meet up with the Big Mans and head down to our new home, together. And if you think I wasn't going to my exit dramatic you thought wrong...I am. I'm going to play the Goo Goo Dolls "Better Days" and make my favorite drive down the 190 past downtown and Lake Erie headed to the 90 past the Buffalo's...and then I'll cry. I know I'll cry. I love Buffalo. I don't know what it is but I've become obsessed. I was brought extremely close to tears last week during my thesis defense when my professors looked at me and said "You can't leave". I'm about at tears now practically.

I don't think I've ever felt so passionately about something before in my life. I'll always be passionate about it. But I want to find more. More in life to be passionate about. I'm hoping to in this journey.

Pray for me. (Or scowl...either way)

1 comment:

TheatreChick73 said...

Hey, you can still be passionate about Buffalo, no matter where you go! But I can't imagine how hard leaving will be. You are a stronger woman than I!

Feel free to text me at will though for consolation. I'll tell ya we have 3 feet of snow and its -14 degrees. That will make you feel better :)