Monday, April 14, 2008

Why it's essential to make yourself happy!

So Friday night the big mans and I decided to go out for some dinner. This time we knew we were in desperate need to try something new. We headed over to Hutch's Restaurant on Delaware Avenue. A cute and modern bistro just as you get into the heart of the city. We fell in love. The food was absolutely phenomenal and I found myself a little upset that I have never tried it before. At the moment, Hutch's tops our list of favorites in Buffalo.

Which again makes me happy. It's what I love about Buffalo. You find new and interesting restaurants all the time. That's IF you take the time to do it and step out of your comfort zone. I'm really hoping with my master's thesis/final project, I'll be able to incorporate this kind of momentum into something viable and fun. But we shall see. For now it's off to designing two print ads for my campaign. Now, I just need to find something that works so I'm thinking of parking my arse down at Spot Coffee sometime this week for some inspiration.

Another thing that makes me happy is the work I'm doing. It's finally your good old fashioned PR work. What better place to jump into it then at a non-profit. I like the work I'm doing and I LOVE who I'm doing it for. People who matter and deserve a wonderful and comfortable place to live and be happy at 70, 90 even 100 years old! I think this type of work couldn't have come at a better time in my life when I needed to finally focus on myself and the work I love to do. Cut the drama, cut the fat and move on with my life and my goals. It's liberating!

All in all I'm so happy to be working on a master's project like the one for Buffalo. Our advisor has said do something you know you'll still love by the time your finished. And no matter what I always love something about Buffalo. I hope you do too.

4 comments:

seanazq said...

Spot ... Wednesday? Thursday...I need some coffee de-compress time!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.