Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Crocs: What not to wear

So unless you live under a rock you know that some people have made the unattractive fashion statement of wearing Crocs. If you're one of those people I suggest moving on now. Because this blog is just not for you and you will in fact, be very offended.
For some strange reason what was once used as a cute pair of gardening sandels for women in their late 50's has become some kind of "I'm a lazy ass but they have a store devoted to them in every mall so they must be cool" type of statement.

NEWSFLASH: They are not!

Crocs are popping up everywhere. In every mall there is either a store devoted entirely to them or a stand that is strictly devoted to adding charms to the holes in Crocs. CHARMS?!?!?! on shoes? What are we 10?

Which brings me to my next point. Some crazy self-obsessed overweight mother of three has outfitted all of her children with a pair of Crocs because she is obviously way too "busy" to teach her children how to tie a pair of sneakers. STOP THE INSANITY.

So last week I found the coolest pair of shoes to outfit my feet. They are called sneakers. Yes....these things:

Cute yes? (Thanks you to my Fleet Feet sales guy I think I have the best sneakers, EVER!) And they are multi-demensional, see you use them to run, walk, hike, joke, go to the store, watch a hockey game, eat food, kick someone in the ass, study, hide a body.....you get my point.
So the next time your in the mall and you walk by one of these "Croc" stores, please do us all a favor and find the nearest Foot Locker/Foot Action/Finish Line and get a real pair of schlepping around footwear. Your feet and your neighbor who has to smell your stanky feet will thank you.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only time I thought Crocks were cool was when I worked at a ski resort. We were stuck with 11 2end graders for 7+ hrs...most of the time spent in ski boots. After a few afternoon hours on the mountain, groups would collectivly gather at the 'theatre,' shed the kids of wet coats and boots, and settle down till mom came to pick them up. Crocks were awsome to slip into after knumbing ski boots and save you from the aggony of 45+ mins of wet socks (snow and various kid ozzes..) I loved my Crocks then...but hey...that was Vermont!