Friday, October 24, 2008

The Plague of the 20-something Professional...

I see it often. Another 20-something professional not quite happy with their work situation. Quite frankly do they even know if that's where they want to be, who knows? I'm dealing with it. My friends are dealing with it and I beg to pose the question "Are you dealing with it?"

In your 20's you are supposed to "figure things out". While it can be a real enlightening experience it can also be a hassle and down right frustrating. I see others who don't have NEARLY the amount of experience as I do (that's right I'm cocky, and ?) who have positions quite frankly....they are not cut out for.

I have such a hard time dealing with this. Where did I miss the boat? I'm all for working from the bottom up but what about those who seem to have the uncanny luck to land a sweet gig.

For that...I hate you. That's right. I mean you.

Some people think I have a sweet gig but my un-ending pursuit to be the very best has me not satisfied and I tend to raise my expectations that much more.

I just want to find it...that niche...that "THING" that others don't got?

Oh and I wouldn't mind a few pretty cool advertising firms in Greenville, SC to find that too.

I can only hope in my move I find something I really truly love. Because if not, shit's gonna fly.

No comments: